Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

I have had many projects and papers that I needed to research information on the internet, and it would take forever to find all the information because you would have to look through several different websites. With Google Squared and Wolfram Alpha it is much simpler to search because it gives you basically all you need to know about your search on that one page. I never knew either of these resources existed or it would have saved me a lot of time.
As far as the Did You Know? post, my opinion has changed a little bit because as I said I always just listened to what others were saying and the statistics they were giving. Now that I have researched a little bit it is much clearer and some of the statistics are not as shocking as I had first thought.
Pitcairn Islands Map

In the Food for Thought post, "The Stable Boy and the Ipad," it is amazing how someone like this young illiterate Columbian kid could pick up a new invention like the Ipad and start working it without any instructions at all.

1 comment:

  1. The Lost Generation is very unique and creative. Like you, I have heard these statements made about your generation and I think it is unfortunate. Any time you make sweeping statements about a group it is flawed, especially an entire generation. But, this video offers hope and turns the table. Thats the beauty of it.

    Your blog is looking good Ryne. SS

    ReplyDelete