Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog Assignment 4

Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff, Please

I really liked this post because he really caught me off guard when I first started reading it, but then I figured out he was being sarcastic to get his point across. I agree with Dr. Mcleod that we should let our kids explore through technology to learn. It will only hold our kids back and give them a disadvantage in life if we ban them from all the great uses of the internet.
Dr. Mcleod is an Associate Professor at Iowa State. He is also the director of the UCEA Center for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education. He also was a co-creator of the video, Did You Know?, that we watched earlier in this class.

The iSchool Initiative

I thought this was an incredible video not only by a seventeen year old high school student, but also the whole concept. I do not have an iPhone so I really do not know all it has to offer, but he does a great job of breaking down each app and how each one could be used to help not only teach students but how to save lots of money.
This was a well put together presentation, and I had no idea schools around the world were already using the iSchool Initiative program. I think all schools should definitely consider switching to this program. I think it would be great because of the low economic times and also very effective with students and teachers.

Lost Generation

When the video started running and she started reading the sentences it started making me feel depressed. I also hear people saying these negative things about our generation and it bothers me. I do not think that these bad things will happen and I think that anyone who watches this video will be encouraged to not let it happen.
It was very cool how the video was set up. It really was uplifting after hearing her read the sentences in reverse. I wonder how long it took them to figure out and order all the sentences in that way. It was very unique.

Eric Whitaker's Virtual Choir

I get amazed by each new video I watch for this class. This was incredible how they got all these people from around the world to sing and sound so great together through the internet. I was in Men's Choir in high school and I know how hard it was to get all of us to stay on the same note and have the right melody, so to see this was very interesting.

1 comment:

  1. This comment is about the post: Lost Generation

    I agree completely with you about the Lost Generation. I do not think all these bad things will happen either. But what if they do? The world needs to stay positive and like you said not let the bad happen. This poem has touched me and made me feel better. I also hopes it makes others feel the same way. Hopefully we can come together and make a positive impact on the world.

    ReplyDelete