Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog Assignment 6

The Networked Student

I really liked this video and how it was set up. The way they had the pictures set up and organized to go along with the narrator was cool and it kept me interested the entire time. It seems so simple to do but it was very creative and it turned out great.
This video did a great job of showing how you can use technology in and out of the classrooms. It was amazing, because before this class and video I would have never thought of looking up lectures or blogs from great college professors from around the world. This video just shows how much you can learn from technology not just teachers.
When the question was asked "why does the networked student even need a teacher" I was kinda wondering the same thing for a while because you can learn so much on your own. Having a teacher their would keep the kids motivated to keep learning and to keep exploring. Also I think the teachers can help guide the students if they need help or to show them whats a good credible site and what is not.

A 7th Graders Personal Learning Environment

This was a great video and was really put together well. I think this is a great way for student to stay organized. I liked the way she had hers organized because she had all of her personal accounts up top and all her school work along the bottom row. I also agree that by using technology instead of paper and pens makes everything look a lot better and neater. I think this was a great video of a PLN and everyone should consider creating their own.

The Machine is Changing Us

I really enjoy the video by Dr. Wesch. I liked how he inserted clips from tv shows and other sites to help get his information across. It was very interesting and he made a lot of great points. I liked how he started off the video by using the word "Whatever" and telling us how it was used over the different time periods. At the end of the movie when he changes the way it is used to, "I care, Lets do whatever it takes..by whatever means necessary" really leaves a powerful message and was a great way to finish.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I would say we do not learn from technology. We learn by using technology. It is one of our most powerful tools for learning. Learning, however, is experiential. We must do to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered the same thing about why do students even need teachers, but without the guidance to walk them through it would be impossible I think. I agree with you on how powerful the last message was in The Machine is Changing Us. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete