Monday, October 18, 2010

Blog Assignment 9

What I've Learned This Year

In this post Mr. McClung talks about what he learned his first year as an elementary teacher in Noel, Missouri. He gives a lot of great insight for what to expect for all future educators. Some of the great things he learned and shared in his post was to read the crowd, be flexible, communicate, be reasonable, don't be afraid of technology, listen to your students, and lastly never stop learning. The one that really interest me was to listen to your student because I think building relationships with your students is the most important aspect of being a teacher. I hope in my future I can earn all my students trust and be able to be a good role model to them.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ryne! I agree very much so that Mr. McClung gives great advice to future educators. He brings out points that many are afraid to discuss. I also hope that I can be a good role model to my future students as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I am relieved at your response here. Sometimes long responses are called for, but you succinctly summarized and pointed out what you found most interesting and why. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete