Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blog Assignment 8

This Is How We Dream

Richard Miller's two videos were about using technology in classrooms. In his first video he talks about having to write an article about the shooting at the University of Virginia Tech a few years ago. He explains how he never had to step foot into a library because he did all his research using the internet.
In the second video Mr. Miller explains how easily articles and information can be changed on the internet, unlike books that has been printed and published they can not be changed. He also talks about a certain software that allows you to imagine ideas and then to create them online.
I think the more I learn I will be better prepared to write with multimedia. I also think that future students will be able to do this because of the way our generation picks up and adapts to new technology today, it will only get better.

The Chipper Series and EDM 310 For Dummies

Both of the videos basically gave ways to help you get through EDM 310 by working hard and using good time management techniques. My idea of creating a video would just to make a short instructional video on all the tools and equipment we use in our class for future students to look at for advice.

Critiques of Smartboards

After reading these to articles I definitely can agree with some points of their arguments. I really liked the quote by Sylvia Martinez “You can’t buy change. It’s a process, not a purchase. The right shopping list won’t change education.” Even though I can see where the authors of these two articles are coming from, I still think that it can be useful. In both of there articles they both said the Smartboard keeps the kids interested during class. That right there is enough to make me want to use a Smartboard because I would much rather have kids a little interested in my class than a sleep in the back of the classroom. Here is a blog that explains the other side of these articles arguments Teachers Love Smartboards"

3 comments:

  1. No, Richard Miller's two videos were NOT about using computers in a classroom. Far from it. He was talking about what he called "the greatest change in communication in the history of communication." He was talking about communicating with multimedia - not with text. A fundamental change, in his opinion and in mine.

    Your links should be in working buttons. Do you know how to do that? If so, correct in this post. If not, read the instruction manual, Mrs. Yollis' instructions for 3rd graders, or check in the lab. Notify me when you have corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a short, but instructional, video on how to use the tools and equipment in our class would be a good idea!

    ReplyDelete