Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blog Assignment 11

Ms. Cassidy

I really enjoyed both videos with Ms. Cassidy. It was amazing to see those young first graders working on laptops and writing blogs. When I was in first grade I do not even think I knew how to turn on a computer much less use the internet and write blogs. I liked that she is using technology with her students and that she has a class blog set up for them. I agree with her that it really gives them a central hub to go to and know what sites to look at and learn from.
Out of all the techniques I would probably use the student blog sites because it really looks like they enjoy it. I also think that when they see all the page views and people looking at their blogs that it will inspire them to keep working and learning. I think the biggest impediment would be that they might go to different sites that are not of use in the classrooms. The only way I think to stop that is what Ms. Cassidy said just to talk and educate them on what to do and what to look for.
I think the benefits would be endless by using any technology with younger kids. The older they get the more they should be learning or even creating in the future. Like the video said "Little Kids...Big Potential."

2 comments:

  1. Ryne,
    I totally agree with you! Blogging in the classroom seems like it would be a great educational tool considering the positive feedback the children are receiving. I also think it can be a good motivator to keep them interested like you mentioned. I too probably didn’t know how to turn on the computer in first grade and if I did I was just dottling on paint. After watching these videos it makes me excited to get started in my own classroom and teach kids how to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryne,

    I agree with Courtney in the sense that blogging is a great tool that even young students can use them. I was like you, because I didn't know how to use a computer until I was much older.

    Keep on blogging!

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete